How to Apply for a U.S “Small Seed Lot Permit”

The United States now requires a “Small Seed Lot Permit” for imported seed. We strongly recommend you obtain a Small Seed Lot ePermit as this will avoid the risk of having your order stopped or confiscated by U.S. Customs.

ePermits must be obtained by the importer (you); it is a simple process and can be applied for online at no cost. The ePermits are valid for 3 years and allow for multiple seed imports.

Further information: United States Department of Agriculture Small Seed Lots

To assist you in understanding the process in obtaining a Permit we have noted the process below: